Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Beauty Products

When you buy your beauty products, like makeup, bath oils, etc.... Do you ever wonder how long you have kept them and used them after they have expired? When I was younger, I would use my mascara until I couldn't use it anymore. When it dried out, I added some water to it and kept using it for about 2 years. Then one day, I woke up with eye discomfort and I made an appointment to go see my doctor. She said, I had gotten an eye infection. She prescribed me some medications for my eye. I went home, and went through all of my makeup and tossed everything I had that has been in my makeup bag for 2 years, plus. With that being said, old makeup, and sharing makeup can cause eye infections. So what I have started to do, is every time, I purchase a new makeup product, even my skin care products, I date them with the expired date of when they will expire. So for an example: My eyeshadow I purchased two years ago, which I have dated my eyeshadow for 12/1/2014 and my foundation is dated for 12/1/2014 as well.  I will post a Beauty Product expiration sheet on my blog under "Checklists" on Thursday.  



I hope you have enjoyed this post as much as I have enjoyed writing this post. I would like to hear any comments you have. If you have anything to share, please do. I look forward to reading your comments. Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment