Thursday, April 3, 2014

Leftover Madness

I remember when my mom use to make meatloaf for dinner and when she made it, she would make enough to feed an entire army! I mean she would cook a lot for only a party of four. So we would have lots of leftovers, which I remember saying to myself, we are having this again. I was getting tired of eating one thing for a few days and then sometimes the leftovers would go bad. So learning from experience, I have came up with a nice way to use up the leftovers so they dont go bad or even get boring to the eye. Cause we all know, what looks good, usually tastes good. Right? With that being said, here is a great way to use up every bit of leftovers. First thing to do is mix all of your ingredients you use for a meatloaf together in a bowl, and then depending on how many people you are cooking for, divide up the meatloaf into portion size sections for each person who will be eating that meal. Next with the left over meat you have, take that and plan another meal with it. So maybe, the next day for dinner you decide you want to cook spaghetti with meat balls. With your leftover meat you have from your meatloaf, you can make your meat balls. So now you have took care of dinner for that night as well as half of the next day meal. Another great idea, specially for children, you can use the rest of your meatloaf and shape your meat in a cookie cutter or even a shaped pan. Just remember to grease your pan/cutter so the meat wont stick. Then of course the last step is to cook your meats. So now you not only have a meatloaf, but you have meatballs that are going to taste like meatloaf as well as making a meatloaf patty for your child for lunch.









I hope you have enjoyed this post as much as I have enjoyed writing this post. I would like to hear any comments you have. I look forward to reading your comments. If you like what you are reading, please share with friends and family. Thank you! 

1 comment:

  1. Got alot of canned vegetables or small amount of frozen vegs.,even left over vegs., throw them into a good size pot add some onions(chopped up) ,spices you like, don't have any potatoes no problem add a little rice or some kind of macaroni.Good home made soup. I put tomatoes in mine if i don't have tomatoes i use spaghetti sauce.just let it cook slow.

    ReplyDelete